View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #72
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
That's quite a long post for someone who's "just the messenger". If I didn't know better I'd think you had some kind of agenda. As for "enough", that is whatever the user defines it as, not something that needs to be equivalent to the competition. If I buy a car that goes 140km/h is that suddenly "not enough" because McLaren has a car that does 280? Perhaps I'm not ready to trade away the heated seats that I get in my 140km/h car.
Yes, it was a long post. But why was it a long post in the first place? All I did was post a link to a test. The reactions were hardly about the test results. They only expressed the posters view that it didn't match their experience. It's okay to have a personal opinion but that doesn't make a test rubbish or bulls**t. I also said: "anyone who is interested in buying an ereader can make a personal comparison based on aspects they find most important for themselves". To your car analogy if a heated seat is important for you, then always buy a car that has this feature and draw up a list of cars that have this feature. And then factor in other aspects that are important for you and choose the perfect car available within your budget.
Comparing a expensive sportscar with a family car is a bit flawed. But I get your point, I'll see a MacLaren as metaphore for a high(er) end family car. Then it makes sense that how fast it is isn't the most imortant aspect.

I never thought that one test would stir up emotions so much. The easiest way to put this particular test in perspective is to post links to other tests that also contain objective data. That's why I asked for more objective tests.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote