View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:35 AM   #110
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
my k4PC still malfunctions & amazon seem clueless - I actually called them while the faulut( see below) was repdoducible but thay had no idea how to trace it. saidd they';d escalate to developers but never heard back.

my fault is this - I buy a book, I see it download into K4PC then as soon as the blue progress bar is full, the book vanishes from my PC. I can force a resend from web page only to see the vanishing act repeat.
the fix is easy - I unregister from within K4PC, & select delete all local content, then reregister; book then arrives OK.
then the program will work ok for the next few free books before reverting to original fault. I think it happens only with azw3 books but that is unproven.

I cannot figure what in their screwed up code causes this. it is as if the program decides I am not entitled to the book after all & so deletes it
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote