View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #47
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Still so many features not here yet, which makes the Touch a less-than satisfying experience. Can't wait for the next version. Bring back the buttons!

I'm so irritated with the Touch interface I even blogged on it. Hopefully Amazon is reading...

http://www.bighugenerd.com/1/post/20...ce-review.html
I read your review but some of the issues don't seem like issue to me. Yes, the touch screen is IR based but then it shouldn't be called a touch screen? The Kobo/Sony/B&N touchscreens all work the same way. And it seems to be the best implementation to avoid putting a second surface over the e-ink.

Also, you seemed to imply that you only get smudges on the touchscreen if you moisturize your hands right before reading?

I think you need a shiny new non-touch version

EDIT: D'oh, the previous 2 posts appear while I was typing mine. you guys are quick!
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote