View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I've tried to read PDFs on my Kobo Touch (KT) and didn't like the experience. I sized some PDFs for the KTs screen size and loaded it on my KT. Unfortunately, it didn't work very well. Instead of the text appearing at the top of the screen, it seemed to jump around a bit like it was centering the page on the screen, and in some cases the bottom line of the page was cut off. Due to this, I've started reformatting my ebooks as EPUBs for use with all of my ereaders.

As far as other devices used for reading PDFs, I've found the Sony ereaders work very well as long as the PDF is sized for the screen. When that's the case, the PDFs look exactly as I intended (one of my main reasons for choosing PDF when formatting my ebooks) and it is easy to navigate around the ebook. I haven't often tried it with PDFs that are not sized for my ereader's screen because I've found that not very readable due to the small size of the text, and I dislike reflow.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote