View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Question Problems with RTL texts (Arabic, Hebrew)

I converted a small Arabic test file to both ePUB and MOBI files. The ePUB version displays fine, but the MOBI version doesn't.

Even though I added an RTL attribute to the HTML tag, it seems to be ignored both by KindleGen and Mobipocket Creator.

For example it should display: هذا كتاب جميل
But it displays: جميل كتاب هذا
I.e. the last word is displayed first and the first one last.

Can someone confirm that the PC and IPhone Kindle apps (and probably the actual Kindle) cannot render Arabic .MOBI files correctly?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote