View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 04:55 AM   #12
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
> I hadn't realised that was an option.

The UI's a bit basic, but it does do a decent representation of what it looks like on the reader.

> too much for the reader. She's right, I guess.

Not sure I'm familiar with that concept! :-) Seriously, it's your call, but it's not that unusual. My perception might be skewed as I tend to read a lot of SF&F, which means that Baen, who have a lot of free books, are one of the major players in the area I'm focussed on. Most, actually thinking about it, all of my recent eBook purchases have been as a result of first reading the author's free books then buying others of their's...

> go back to the drawing board.

Maybe - it seems to me that it might just be a matter of tagging more specifically, as the technique works.

> Not to mention the fact that I've upset some folks with what I thought were uncontroversial statements.

Ah! It's probably like software development these days, where you can hardly write "print 'Hello World'" without someone being ready to claim a patent infringment...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote