View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
I know I can safely upgrade to 2.8, the upgrade totally overwrites the existing user file system so everything goes poof, no matter how heavily hacked.

I have no doubts I can re-install emacs, Sylpheed Claws, RTF reader, DJVU reader, graphic novel reader, on screen clock, blue tooth stack, CD-ROM/DVD support, Windows networking etc... plus the public stuff.

The major timing issue is when to cut off support for the 2.7 apps...

I think: NOW. Update the apps if they do not work under 2.8 and upgrade, because the vast majority of users will have 2.8.

I would like to have a RTF reader, BTW, although until now I transformed it into PDF.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote