View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #53
haven
haven began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad, Iliad Irex
hansel,
This is not so much a bug report as an FYI.

I just tried to install your improved Content Lister 1.04 using its installer script. While all seemed to go smoothly, I could see no change to content listings after rebooting. On poking around, I saw that I had previously followed your excellent suggestion about being cautious on changes to startup scripts, i.e. chaining /home/root/start.sh to my_start.sh iff an SD card is present.

Therefore, the changes that the Content Lister installation makes to the tail end of start.sh were never being run.

I'm manually patching around this for now, but thought you might want to know.

Maybe someone else will see this and save some time figuring it out. (It occurs to me that if any other apps automagically modify start.sh, that might cause problems like syltao's above.)

EDIT - By the way, if anyone else with a modified startup script needs to install the newlister, you can just set the startup script name in newLister-1.0.4\_files\run-common.sh i.e. fill in the actual filename in the following line:
START='/home/root/start.sh' # the script that starts contentLister

Doing it this way instead of hardwiring it with edits to the startup script allows you to use hansel's installation interface to change the number of files per page.

PS - Works great, hansel ... thanks!

Last edited by haven; 02-18-2009 at 05:21 PM.
haven is offline   Reply With Quote