View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think that many of the issue with network drives relate to the handling of the metadata.db file over the network, and in particular record locking.

I run my system with the Calibre library on the network (via a mapped drive) , but my metadata.db file held locally with its location specified by the CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH environment variable. I launch Calibre via a batch file that sets this up. This seems to work without any issues for me. I then have the batch file I use to launch Calibre set to copy the metadata.db file back from the local location to the Calibre library held on the network drive.

I am not sure if this is an officially supported way of working but it does seem to run error free,
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote