View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #37
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Two of my favourite living Norwegian crime writers are Gunnar Staalesen and Fredrik Skagen.

I have a closer relationship to Staalesens books, probably because I like his detective so much (a loner, recovering alcoholic, former social worker, tends to get beaten up at least once every book). They are full of dry wit. Noir, I guess.

Skagen is also an excellent writer. Most of his books are set in the same universe, some of them tell the story of a money forger trying to get rich with different scams/dealing with the fall-out from his actions. Not a very good description, but I am having a problem describing him better. Anti-hero, but you also kind of want him to succeed.

There are several movies made of the Varg Veum-books (Staalesen). I don’t like them very much. The movies are so far removed from the books that for some only the title is left. They be may better for those how haven’t read the books.

I think some of the books are translated to English, probably more to German.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote