View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #23799
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
We had three grenades go off last week, two of them a few blocks from my house, but no real concerted efforts.

I'm not an alarmist. While bullets and bombs are not my favorite companions, I don't get in a frenzy when they go off. I just keep my head down and my eyes open. I don't take it personally. I know a bit about staying alive in combat zones, having lived in them before, so for me, it's just 'life goes on.' Many ex-pats are packing up and moving back to their home countries. I choose to stay.

The south has been a Muslim stronghold ever since the re-alignment of the southern border resulted in taking land away from Malaysia. In the past several years the activists have been much more aggressive, with random bombings occurring every week or so attacking local schools and hospitals. Still not anything like what has been happening in the past few months, with frequent attacks on military and police installations too. The south has turned into a religious war zone. Now, adding to the Holy War aspect, the political schism that is affecting the more northern provinces has added fuel to the fire too. Unfortunately, this is something that will begin to affect us more and more in the north as time goes by.

Stitchawl
Stay safe, Stitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
The kitties got a mouse and have spent about the last two hours terrorizing it. I tried to rescue it a few times but it was too fast when it was still relatively whole. They've either finally killed it and who knows where it is, our it's crawled off to die. More likely the former as Strider keeps jumping up on me, stomping on me with his back paws (think silver back chest thumping), flicking his tail about and dashing off. It seems I've become some part of a feline victory dance. It's happened about four times in the last thirty minutes. I think Arwen is back in the laundry room hunting again.
Ha! Kitties. My fat, little Cinder couldn't catch anything if she tried, I think. Ming, the Siamese, is the terror of any lizard who crosses her path but I think that is the limit of her skill.

Ugh! Heath insurance headaches! I got a healthcare.gov plan when I was working part-time and didn't qualify for insurance through work. I now have a group plan with the same company (blue cross) through work and it has been a hassle cancelling the old plan. I also haven't gotten cards for the new plan and it was supposed to take effect April 1.

So, I called the number for the BC group insurance dept. which I had to search for since I have as of yet no cards for that policy. They had no excuses for themselves but said they would get cards out to me and gave me my policy number.

I had to call healthcare.gov to see about the cancellation. They told me the coverage was cancelled but would be in effect until April 30. I called them back in March! I'm not paying two premiums because the policy through work is being deducted from my paycheck.

I called the individual BC number (1 digit off from the group number) to see why I was still getting invoices. They told me the cancellation was in progress or something. I didn't really understand.

It is all extremely frustrating and makes me very nervous. I don't think I am an unintelligent person but work benefits, especially health, and other bureaucratic things scare me because, try as I might, I can't understand how they work at all. This leads to frustration and rage. I'm glad I haven't needed to go to a doctor.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote