View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #145
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I must respectfully disagree. DRM is essential to facilitate loaning. Without DRM - to prevent you from reading the book while your friend has it, and to ensure that it times out on your friend's reader - it's not loaning, but piracy, plain and simple. I always advocate removing DRM for personal use, but "personal use" is the key. If you're removing it to facilitate piracy, that's wrong.
Even some public library loaning is being done without DRM so I wouldn't say it's essential. Useful for setting up lending systems that more publishers will actually participate in perhaps, but not essential.

More and more people I know have second (or third) readers now and are loaning friends the device along with the book(s).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote