View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Choosing btw Kindle and Paper versions of book

I have an informal formula for choosing between the Kindle and paper versions of the same book.

Generally, if the Kindle Version is within $2 of the used copy of the paper version (after shipping) then I go with the Kindle version. Although. the Kindle version is usually cheaper than the used version after shipping.

How do you guys decide?

I give the Kindle a $2 buffer because it has more value to me personally since I generally never resell books or share books. The Kindle version takes up no room in my apartment. I can read it right away. I can take it with me everywhere. Also, I can search it electronically. The drawbacks are that I can't resell it and there is a risk that Amazon might one day stop supporting the device. Also, despite being a pain to lug around and move from apt to apt, I used to like the idea of a big book shelf....but I've given that dream up now that I have the Kindle.

I think if I was the type that resold or shared books then I'd definitely favor the paper version by atleast $2.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote