View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #901
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@antithesis: AFAIR, netwatchd explicitly doesn't do anything over USB and/or port 22. I've never run into any trouble on my k2i (which runs 2.5.8, same thing as a DX, IIRC) [Over SSH, that is, can't speak for telnet, though, I never use it for more than a couple seconds].
Some of the firmwares have an activity monitor.
Not sure if the DX does, but those that do support a "flag" filename to turn it off.
I don't recall what that name is, but it should be posted here, somewhere.

I also recall reports of the automation in some Linux distributions that have a similar activity monitor.
GeekMaster used to have that trouble and posted a solution for his Linux distribution I believe.

On my distribution, which uses NetworkManager - -
I added a configuration file entry:
in: /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
Code:
[main]
plugins=ifupdown,keyfile

no-auto-default=00:e0:4c:03:50:1d,

[ifupdown]
managed=false
The ifupdown clause of managed=false is what I added.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote