View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #37
GJN
Guilty Bystander
GJN began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Pro, Kindle, iPad, and other gadgets
I, too, am somewhat disappointed with the DX. The larger screen is terrific and I suspect the screen contrast is a bit better, but the larger size is somewhat less convenient to hold for a sustained period of time.

Most importantly, the books for which I purchased the DX are history books with numerous maps. These maps, which were not very useable on the K2, are still not useable on the DX. The problem clearly wasn't the screen size but rather a poor choice of resolution by Amazon and/or the publishers.

Until Amazon and its publishers pay more attention to the quality of the displayed product (along with such things as bad spelling and bad formatting), I'll stick to fiction and to free books from sites like Feedbooks which have better formatting and have been prepared with more care.

The ability to rotate the reader is nice but not really all that necessary. While it's the only way one can magnify the size of PDFs, for some it still isn't sufficient.

At this point, I plan to do most of my e-reading on my K2 and my Mac. I haven't yet decided whether I'll return the DX.
GJN is offline   Reply With Quote