View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #13
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I wasn't thinking to replacing normal editing, just enhancing my own read aloud technique.

QuantumIguana, your example is very much what I had in mind, although I have searching for "the the" in my list of edit checks already, because it seems to happen to me regularly.

I also thought it might help to find swapped words, missing words and extra words. This often seems to involve "a" and "as"; they go wandering around on their own, and when I'm reading over the text they magically jump back into place by the time they reach my eye.

Anyone have good suggestions for Windows?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote