View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I'm a minimal tag guy too. I can understand where Starson17 is coming from, there certainly are some "interesting" tags out there.

Now if every single book was consistently tagged with those "interesting" tags (be it a character name, a location, or whatever takes your fancy) then maybe I would be tempted into doing as dwanthny says of using a separate genre column and cutting loose.

However the OCD in me just detests the inconsistencies which would mean I could never use it to search. For instance say I wanted all books that were tagged "NZ" to indicate a NZ location. There could well be some books in my library which will have that tag. But I can guarantee that the majority will not. So I will be better off googling and then seeing if I have the books it finds. The same applies to any tag you don't set yourself, due to the lack of data scrubbing and control.

Let alone all the "Sci-fi, SciFi, SyFy, Science Fiction..." variations which do my head in.

But that's just me - you love 'em or hate 'em...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote