View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #79
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
I've been considering the features recently discussed (and thanks for the recursion pointer kovid!). At this point, however, I am pursuing a related program for a very specific application. I'm not completely optimistic, so I don't want to say too much, but I wanted to give everyone a heads-up in terms of what I'm doing.

I do have a few things in regards to pielrf specifically.

First, and foremost, while I work on the new project, I will continue to fix bugs as they're reported.

Second, I am planning two changes to defaults, and I wanted to know how others felt.
+--baselinkskip=120
+--trust-html
I would like to make these options default. Right now baselineskip is 100, and it's fairly cramped, especially in relation to other paperback books. A default of 120 opens things up a bit and strikes me as easier on the eyes. You can still set --baselinksip to whatever you want, this is just a change in the DEFAULT.

The --trust-html option is for HTML quotes. By default pielrf abandons html-specified curly quotes and uses its own algorithm. Now that I've been using the program for a while, I've found that it's generally better to trust the HTML curly quotes. I would add a reverse option so you can override override the HTML curly quotes and use pielrf's algorithm when necessary.

Does this sound good, bad, indifferent? Let me know.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote