View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #12
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Having a white bezel around an e-ink screen substantially reduces the perceived contrast of the display, because your pupil contracts due to the increase in the total light to which it responds.

This means that the display background will appear darker than if you had a dark-colored bezel, which would allow your pupil to expand to compensate and thus appear as a lighter background on the page.

The net is that a white or silver (like Sony) bezel is a loser - worse for some than others, but never a good thing for an e-reader with a reflective display.
Good point, I've always liked darker bezels on my ereaders (I've ordered the black Glo to update my black T1), just didn't realise why before.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote