View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 12:43 AM   #20
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapar View Post
I still find myself buying books, but if they are over $10 or priced higher than the paperback...I get really annoyed and try hard to resist buying it....but if it is a book I am really interested in then I buy it anyway.

I want to fight and contribute to the movement by boycotting, but I have two problems with it. The first is I have to deny myself and I am awful at that. The second is that I strongly suspect most publishers WANT ebook boycotts. I think they want to delay the mass acceptance of ebooks as long as possible to retain their crumbling paper book empires. The longer it takes to really catch on, the longer they have before they face RIAA and MPA levels of piracy.

I think the one that annoys me the most though is when the paper book is cheaper than tebook. I didn't know how much I preferred ebook till I started reading a thick hard cover book and found myself switching to the ebook half way through.
this is a good point that I wish we could really explore... if we coukld make an impact with boycotting and let them know we are acheiving satisfaction elsewhere (doesn't that just sound like a good romance novel? [which I loathe]) by visiting the darknet...???
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote