View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #19
BarryTX
Connoisseur
BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle 2
I download a lot of cheap or free books, but only if the story is one that interests me. But because there are a lot of them available, I take advantage of them. Thus, the majority of my books fall into this category, but it is an availability thing rather than a conscious decision to only get them if they are cheap or free.

I bought my K2 because I travel a lot and I got tired of carrying 6 paperbacks in my luggage on each trip. If I want a particular book, I'll buy it regardless of whether it is priced below or above $9.99 - that 'threshold' is meaningless to why I bought my K2. After spending $300 on the K2 itself I am not motivated to wait weeks for the price of a book I want to drop $5 or so - having it to read when I want it is worth more to me.

I will add that I believe that in theory e-books should not be more expensive than paperback versions. But the book companies pricing strategy is always aimed at maximizing their profits, so if there are more folks who buy when prices are lower they are ultimate apt to notice and respond accordingly.
BarryTX is offline   Reply With Quote