View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #1474
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
http://www.walkingtheplank.org/archi...y.php?sid=3207
The e-book when opened in calibre shows the whole text, the same story exported to the reader (Sony PSR-T1) through calibre misses the first two lines (written in italic). The rest of the story is complete, even if there is text put in italics.

As far as I have noticed this happens only with text at the beginning of a story, and only those downloaded from this site (walkingtheplank).
Ebook readers (and HTML5) don't recognize the <center> tag. But many sites use it. So FFDL converts <center> to <div class="center"> and includes a style to center it. (<span class="center"> doesn't work.)

Technically, <div> tags shouldn't be inside <span>, <i>, <b>, etc tags. I think that's the source of the problem.

walkingtheplank wraps the whole story text in a <span style="font-size: 100%;"> tag. That one I can find and change to another div pretty easily. Try the attached version of the epub. If it works, that's good enough.

If it isn't, there are a couple other options I can try.

FYI, opening and saving the epub in Sigil is enough to correct the tag nesting if you don't have a whole bunch of these.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Secret of Seeing Rightly - Quill Lumos.epub (56.9 KB, 125 views)