View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 06:15 AM   #33
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Let's see: MobiPocket, Fictionwise spring immediately to mind. I'm sure I could come up with a few more.
OK. If you want to define "success" as "staying afloat", then, yes, MobiPocket, is a "success".

But MobiPocket still sells an insignificant number of eBooks.

Fictionwise sells more than DRMed eBooks. If we are going to talk about DRMed eBooks and business success, Fictionwise can't be in the list.

Quote:
Hang on. You said that it was a "Fact" that all major DRM had been broken. MobiPocket is without question a "major DRM". It has not been broken, therefore your statement is incorrect. Don't try to wriggle out of it by making excuses!
MobiPocket is not "major DRM."

Quote:
Please go and look up the word "proprietary" in a dictionary. It means that the format is owned and controlled by someone - in the case of CDs, that someone is Philips. Being proprietary has nothing to do with the ease or otherwise of creating that format.
Hmmm... Interesting. I was not aware of that.

Then I can change my statement to "the CD is an open format" meaning that I can take the content and turn it into something else. Something that is not proprietary (or at least open).
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote