View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #323
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
So, how is this changing the PPW? What does it let you do? I know about hacks as I done this with previous kindles but these days not sure how it changes the features.
Jailbreak only adds a jailbreak key, so that you CAN install custom update packages that contain hacks and other unauthorized enhancements. I installed the USB networking package, which used that jailbreak key. I now have root shell access, which lets me do anything I want inside my kindle.

Other popular hacks (fonts, and more) will be repackaged so they can be installed using the "Update Your Kindle" menu item, which I used to install USBnetworking...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote