View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Disadvantages of Nook SimpleTouch?

I'm being enticed by the Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight. I'm actually quite happy with my K3 and it's lighted cover (which I rarely use anyway), but I've got a bad case of gadgititis. I don't need an epub reader, I've got a Sony 350 for that (also with a lighted cover), but from everything I've read, the Nooks have superior technology to the Sonys and Kindles. I do like the idea of a touch screen with page turning buttons along the edge, though -I don't tend to like touch screens very much.

I know there's some question whether the Glowlight super-strait and glare screen decreases font clarity and crispness.

Aside from that, are there any disadvantages to the Nook SimpleTouch? Do they sequester memory like they do on the tablets, to decrease available memory for side-loaded content? (almost all my content is side-loaded - Alf is my friend). anything else I should be wary of?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote