View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
sencer
sencer knows the square root of minus one.sencer knows the square root of minus one.sencer knows the square root of minus one.sencer knows the square root of minus one.sencer knows the square root of minus one.sencer knows the square root of minus one.sencer knows the square root of minus one.sencer knows the square root of minus one.sencer knows the square root of minus one.sencer knows the square root of minus one.sencer knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle PW
Bricked-Freezed PW

I am a new kindle user, I own a PW for a while. I have it jailbroken using ixtab's jailbreak. It was all fine until today, when I prepared 4 books, and transferred to my kindle using calibre. Then I tried to ssh my kindle -not for serious stuff, just for exploration. But it didn't respond to the SSH request. I decided to reboot it. But it stuck in a reboot loop which ended up with the "needs repair" screen.

So I tried using rescue pack of ixtab, at first I was able to ssh into my Kindle. I tried to scp my personel files, in case I loose them. It didn't work. I mounted kindle as USB device, using Diags screen, copied my documents in the root folder to my PC. Ejected the device, and re-tried SSHing. And now my kindle is frozen. It doesn't respond at all -even if I press its button for about a minute! It is frozen with "Misc individual diagnostics" line selected.

Any ideas?
sencer is offline   Reply With Quote