View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #80
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narflet View Post
I'm going to use another of my votes to second A Study in Scarlet. I recently got a complete set of Sherlock Holmes, so that's another thing on my 'to read' list anyway!

Also, seeing as it's come up in this tread (and being that I'm new to this), can I ask if you've set any rules on what constitutes a classic, thus setting nominating criteria? I had a little look around on other threads (specifically the Book Clubs Selections list) but couldn't find anything obvious.

I'm not trying to incite a heated discussion on personal viewpoints here, I'm just curious and simply want a 'yes, the rules are x [link]' or 'no, it's up to personal judgement' type answer! Thanks.
We've batted this question back and forth and as far as I can tell, it comes down to a question of personal judgment. Although I'm pretty sure that there are not many college level classes on the classics that include an in-depth discussion of Storm Front.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote