View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #10
Zanshin
Connoisseur
Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch), Kindle DX Graphite, Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
For the jerks, this is a very legitimate question. Especially if you own a DX as landscape is so big that two pages would be a great option. Even on a 7" screen like the Sony PRS-900 two page display is nice. I had one and it made landscape mode much better. For some people it might be a good option on a 6" screen too. Perhaps you narrowminded jerks should enlighten your horizons.
It is a legitimate question. I don't think asking it makes anyone a jerk.
You talk about enlightenment, so how about you enlighten us by actually answering the question instead of insulting us?
It's like, if I were a kid asking "why does fire burn?" and you would tell me "oh, what an idiot, don't you know anything?!". I really fail to see how that helps.

Yeah, I'm not one of those who posted before but reading this, I can't help but wonder: why display two pages when you read only one?
Can anyone who actually knows answer this, please?
Is it because there's too much text per line when reading in landscape mode?
Is it because some people are too used to reading physical books, so they absolutely have to see two pages?

I did a test with the attached mock image (smallest font size on my DX). It's certainly doable on the DX, the text is readable (on the 6", it would indeed be too small), but I don't see the reason for reading like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03.gif
Views:	1586
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	57116  
Zanshin is offline   Reply With Quote