Thread: sound Files
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Amy View Post
I was under the impression that new Kindle guidelines say sound and Video are supported. Sigil even as a 'sound' folder. I have a job where I have to put small mp3 sound files into a book. I followed all the latest Kindle guidelines but it doesn't wrok.

In fact when I close Sigil, the sound files in the folder vanish!

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Will sound files actually work on new Kindles or is it only supported by iPads as some blogs suggest?
A. This should be moved to the Mobi forum.
B. If your audio files are disappearing, you are using an old version of Sigil.
C. John, unless you have a publisher's contract with Amazon--which means you are not publishing files via the KDP but are instead publishing them via FTP--you cannot publish multimedia books via Kindle.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote