View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Code:
#!/bin/sh
rsync myserver.net:/path/lo/library/folder /path/to/local/copy
calibre
rsync /path/to/local/copy myserver.net:/path/lo/library/folder
rsync will only copy changed files and it can use ssh as well as various other transport protocols.
That's a darned good idea. I'm going to do that. I assume rsync is platform agnostic? Now, to figure out how to do that on a mac rather than dragging the application to my doc or running from spotlight... hmmm. (still learning mac OS innards. I could do this on Windows with my eyes closed.)

BOb

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote