View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #10
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can use the Teamviewer app to access your Windows computer running Teamviewer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
I wan't looking for recommendations on the actual app, I can find a zillion VNC clients. Thanks though. But rather I was looking for details from someone actually doing it on a regular basis. Theory is nice and I can find my own app just interested on the performance in the real world.

edit: you're really kidding right? you are suggesting an $800 app to do this? I can buy a real tablet PC for $800 from the HP Referb store.
Hmmm, have to take back those 'nasty' things I said about Teamviewer. Apparently it's free for personal use which would be fine for my needs. Don't know if it is fully enabled in the free version but it's in the iTunes store as free so can't complain about that. But on the Teamviewer website the cheapest paid version seems to be $799. Weird.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teamv...357069581?mt=8

Worth a look too then. but the $800 tag made me laugh.

edit.......................

Seems the free version is the full version just the restriction on personal use only. For a one man shop that works OK.

Quote:
Features:
-----------------------------
- Remotely access unattended computers
- Conveniently control remote computers using the iPhone multi-touch gestures: left click, right click, drag & drop, scroll wheel, zoom, change monitor
- Complete keyboard control incl. special keys such as Ctrl, Alt, Windows®
- Remotely reboot the computer
- Automatically adjust the screen resolution of the remote computer
- Overview of computers that are online via the integrated Partner list
- Effortlessly access computers behind firewalls and proxy servers
- Meets highest security standards: 256 Bit AES Session Encoding, 1024 Bit RSA Key Exchange
- The Free version of TeamViewer has exactly the same features as the Pro version. However, the license of the Free version is intended for private use only

Last edited by grumpy3b; 04-05-2011 at 05:58 PM.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote