View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #11
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I know this topic will likely get contentious with some people posting studies that LCDs in NO WAY cause eyestrain, and vice versa. However, I loved the way you phrased the poll as a personal preference.
As for me, I am a corporate attorney and I stare at a lovely flatpanel LCD computer monitor for ~10hrs a day. I used to go home and read on my palm pilot or blackberry. And then my lovely and beautiful partner got me a Nook. I find now that I can read for hours on top of the LCD screen use because it feels, to my eyes at least, like I am looking at a DTB page. I get headaches far less and find that I can really enjoy e-reading again in a way that I had not been able to since becoming an attorney nearly five years ago.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote