View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Another in a seemingly long line and ebook sites going under. Plus, this and Fictionwise were two of my favorite accounts. They did offer good discounts. This is in no way good for the consumer. There has to be a place for these independent sites.
Well, Fictionwise sealed their own fate with Indy authors, quite bluntly.

I have a very nice clientele list, but none of them were willing to give Fictionwise an exclusive deal on their lists, that's absolute insanity. No Indy author is going to do that with their backlist, or for that matter, new books. I had clients that originally (some 3-4 years ago) wanted to be on FW, but took one look at their T&C for publishers and just laughed out loud, turned around and LEFT, publishing instead at Amazon or Amazon + Aggregators.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote