View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Slight correction: "The Boar Pig" is actually story #3. "She-Wolf" which is the first story does not show up as such in the table of contents). "Laura" is story #2.

As to the stories. I only read "The Boar Pig" & "The Open Window" out of that grouping.

I agree with issybird in that my enjoyment level varied as to "whether or not [I felt] that justice has been served" or even whether or not a lesson was being taught/learned.

I truly disliked "The Boar Pig". It was basically one rude, nosy woman being "swindled" (for lack of a better word) by an equally, if not more so, rude and obnoxious little girl; While the second woman got thrown in the middle.

As to "The Open Window": What the heck was that?? I don't know what we were supposed to get from the story, but I would have like to have known what happened next. I left very angry with the young - um story teller. The whole thing was very odd.

Of the 11 stories I did read, I found "She Wolf, "Laura", and "The Treasure Ship" to be the most enjoyable. "The Treasure Ship" was also one of the most frustrating because I really really wanted to know what happened in the end.

Last edited by Nyssa; 01-02-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: had an extra "the"
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote