View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyfromVA View Post
As a non-Kindle person (for now) the Special Offers deal looks to me like there's a small negative (ads below the screensaver) and a large positive (discounted Kindle, many discounts on products carried by Amazon that I'd buy anyway).

My Garmin GPS has some non-intrusive ads but in return I get free real-time traffic - a worthwhile tradeoff.

I see the Kindle Special Offers deal the same way.
The ad is so tiny on the home screen I don't even notice it and I hate Ads and use blockers when I can on my PC. It's a thin strip really not really what I call a standard ad banner and it isn't animated. The screensavers are pretty even though it's an ad they are nice to look at. I don't miss the dead people at all!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote