View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Bookstores, books - same thing to me. They're on the out and no amount of marketing is going to stop the inevitable. As to competition, I liken it to a fight between buggy whip dealers. Survival will require a unique online presence. Failing that, it's adios.
Well, maybe book stores, and the physical books they sell, aren't quite on the way out. Here's a graph from Christian Science Monitor:

The story is here, but it's probably worth mentioning that the increasing number of book stores follows big drops until 2009. Still, an upward trend is still interesting.

More on topic: As someone who just bought a physical copy of the book Oryx and Crake because it was cheaper than the ebook, I love this idea.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote