View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 02:58 AM   #24
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Ah, so it's not from his novels that these ideas of his beliefs and preferences are coming from. That's a bit of a relief, I thought I was missing something obvious.
No it is definitely not in the his novels. If you read Songmaster, the way he portrays love between a young male coming of age and a slightly older companion, you would have no way of knowing he might not approve of same sex marriage. Card said the following about the book.
Quote:
What the novel offers is a treatment of characters who share, between them, a forbidden act that took place because of hunger on one side, compassion on the other, and genuine love and friendship on both parts.
That said, this relationship is a small part of the overall book. If you haven't read Songmaster you might want to consider reading it when you have a chance. I hardly ever remember specifics about a book, but I do recall that I enjoyed this book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote