View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #14
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I'm not 100% sure that Kindlets are the best target anyways.
(Okay I am 99.999% sure they are not the right thing to use really)

You strike me as an exuberant man with lot's of drive, a bit of direction is of course always helpful.

To that end:

I politely suggest you consider other targets.

What about an X target for your output. We are just on the verge of providing a reasonable X implementation for the 3 (even got input working when aping with debian) - yep - it's a challenge but hey

That would probably simplify the "Getting it on screen" section.
I can provide a (mostly) working X to play with if you are up for that one. (or hawhill has actually posted a far easier to "just use" one)

In the absence of X you should probably consider QT (or gtk perhaps) targets for the rendering (and widgets) - there is also some built-in display functionality for the device (you have a 3 right?) that is used to display menu's etc... (blanket perhaps via pillow?) if you really wanted to be extra clever you could look into reusing some of that.

If you imagine that Kindlets will be some fully featured way of getting stuff "to screen" I can assure you (IMHO) they are a locked-down bumache.
(see my many threads on attempting to make kindlets do something "amazing") they never failed to disappoint. It MAY be that they would be a great testbed for super solid browsing. My gut says NO.

Hope that helps somewhat
And I too spent my first three days swearing like a solider at kindlets. for the record.
(Also noted it all on here, provided error outputs and worked examples of "Howto" when I was done) - Thank goodness now it seems (I used my hello world to test yours)

Fingers crossed that the stumbling block of "getting Sexy to screen" on the 3 doesn't tumble you. It was the bane of my life for a good long while there too.

nice to meet.
good luck.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote