Thread: lv Serial Cable
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #54
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yup, like I posted, plenty of interesting technical challenges in this project.

I did not consider printing it inside of a kiln, but I do recognize the need to 'cool' it in a kiln -
a general anneal and stress relief stage/step.
Cooling during construction would fracture bonds between layers if the printed glass is not kept pliable during the entire print operation. And then moving the printed object to a separate kiln would cause extra stress fractures. Which is why I would actually print inside the kiln.

Perhaps an internally cooled "robot arm" extruder that reaches through a port in the side of the kiln could suffice. The arm may need internal heat-pipes routed to an external heat exchanger.

I am sure other complications will arise on the iterative path of discovery. But first, to google it... Somebody else may be thinking along those lines and could provide useful advice for such a project.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-29-2012 at 09:18 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote