View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknit View Post
My son has a 15 gb Nook Tablet, and a N2A card for it. We've had a lot of problems with the device suddenly shutting down, freezing, etc. Can I assume it's the Android software that is the problem, or the Nook itself? He wants to return the Nook, but I'm afraid it's the card, not the hardware, right?
In my experience, CM7 (and even current CM9 alpha's using old kernel 2.6) is pretty stable and the symptoms you cited are most likely due to a bad or corrupted card. You can easily eliminate the NT as culprit by running the NT without the card.

If the problem turns out to be the card and you can't get a warranty exchange for any reason you might want to first try re-imaging the card with CM7 using the procedure described here. If the card is not salvageable (i.e. re-imaging doesn't help) and you want to get a new card SanDisk Class 4 (or even Class 2) cards are the ones most frequently recommended for this use (on the basis of their relatively superior random-write speed).
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote