View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #62
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
Don't think that's true. I'm pretty sure there are some states in the US (Massachusetts and Michigan, I think) that don't allow it. It's only allowed in the UK if both are over 21 and they didn't live in the same household before the child was 18.
Very interesting. The Massachusetts law forbids marrying one's spouse's child, but from the other direction, only forbids marrying one's "father" or "mother"--and in CA, a stepparent is not legally either of those.

Also, the page I found is gender-specific and was written before same-sex marriages; it doesn't say a woman is forbidden to marry her husband's daughter. A man could marry his brother, but not his sister. (The actual law may have been amended. Or not, because despite the existence of erotica focused on incestuous and incest-like pairings, there aren't many people who actually want to marry or have sex with close family members.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote