View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Not necessarily.
As the "Tax Amazon" crowd are about to discover, Amazon's appeal isn't just about tax evasion; even with sales tax, their prices will be lower, their catalog way bigger, their service better.

Tax really only comes into play for expensive items which is what the binge buyers were going for. On those items, sales tax means a buyer "only" saves an $50-100 on an HDTV instead of $150 to $200.

Expect the B&M retailers who think this is going to end showrooming to be sorely disappointed.
Exactly!! For me it has never been about the taxes it has been that regardless of taxes Amazon is still cheaper. Now I must admit if I need it now I will get it local but even then I will not pay much of a premium to get it now. I was in a local Fry's the other day window shopping for a new TV with the phone out comparing prices sales guy comes up and tells me they will match or beat any price on Amazon. They ended up beating Amazon buy about $100 so I bought from them. This is what B&M stores must do to survive.
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote