Thread: John Ringo
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #63
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
If you're a fan I suggest hanging out at his blog & forum (see http://www.johnringo.net/RingosTavern.aspx ). You might even influence his future work. While you say he is done with Troy Rising he said himself --

"There will be another book. There's a problem. The Ragnarok at the end of the book was unplanned in the metaarc. So I'm sort of stuck on what to do next. Expansion.

Whlle I was writing Hot Gate (and mentally knowing that lots of people were going to get sick of cultural commentary) I realized that the initial planned ending, Therm entering E Eridani and wiping Rangora ass, was wrong. Two reasons. One being dramatic: Battleglobe turns up and wins the day. Booooring. Been there done that. Two 'functional realistic': The Horvath might understimate humans over and over again but the Rangora were, by then, going to wake up and smell the skul. So they were going to send more forces. When I 'played out' the ending, it ended up with the Ragnarok of destruction. Problem: That would mean the next book would be about rebuilding the space fleet. Which would be more of a WEB Griffin type military soap opera and I'm not really adept at those.

So I'm stuck. Basically, I don't knwo what to write. And, yes, I've had plenty of suggetions. Still noodling it. "
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote