View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #23
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Ditto. I cannot imagine any avid readers using a tablet as their primary reader. As far as books go, I only use mine to view color pictures occasionally. Most often it is used for games or internet surfing.

Even if I was comfortable reading on my tablet, the battery would run out too quickly considering the amount of reading I do.

As far as the earlier statement that ebooks don't make good gifts (forgot to quote it,) that is certainly a matter of opinion. I think they make fantastic gifts and it's something I love to receive. Other than some elderly people, most folks these days understand and appreciate virtual goods.
Really? I have a iPad, a Sony, a kindle and a kindle fire. I've been reading ebooks since back during the 90's on a palm pilot. My iPad is my primary reader and has been for the last several years. The charge last all day, so no real problems there. I had been using the kindle fire as my lunchtime reader, but I switched to the iPad mini for that. I used the Sony 505 for a number of years and liked it, but the extra screen space is well worth it for me. The bottom line is different strokes for different folks. That's why they make all sorts of different reading platforms and will probably continue to do so for a while.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote