View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 02:59 AM   #10
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlB View Post
I find the following works okay on the PW (in Previewer) and on pretty much everything else that can support drop caps:
Your style (using font substitution because I don't have that font) seems to indent three lines of content. If you don't mind the third line being indented, that's relatively easy; even Paperwhite does the right thing there.

My goal was to *not* indent that third line. I designed a custom drop cap font with essentially no descenders in any of the uppercase glyphs so that they sit on the baseline of the second line and can allow the third line to safely flow right below the drop cap glyph. The part that causes problems for Paperwhite is setting the height to less than the line height, so that the descender and line gap aren't considered.

I suppose I could alter the font's metrics to show a zero descender and a zero line gap. I'm not sure what problems that would cause, but it might work....
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote