View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I think the "WeCare" guy is one of those at Ectaco who argued for the removal of the
browser, as an easy way to avoid problems with their Gov contracts.

I would hope that they become more widely used, and a number of them become available refurbished or used, at a much lower price. Then they might attract the interest
of the WM hacking community. I doubt that most companies have the resources to actually go through all the regs that apply to offering a device like this to the government. They usually rely of some contracted advisors and the spec requirements
mentioned in the bid request. It was totally ridicules before 9/11, it must be crazy now.

Something like this might become acceptable;
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...o6XcjR8NlGq6xA

Luck;
Ken

I am giving it a try on my PC and it seems to be working fine here on MR. The Firefox is
setup with Bookmarks and Tabs for the military user, which is fine by this ex-PltSgt. I am
running it off my SD card reader. Someone might try it on their JBC, probably won't boot
but you never know.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-06-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote