View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
I think people like the idea of a dedicated internet device, with a fairly high-resolution screen (800x480, is it?). Personally I want to see if I can get myself one of these... I don't know how much it'd cost (anyone know, or have an idea?), but it could be worth it, if the battery life's good enough (Nokia says 3 hours of internet browsing on the normal battery - but manufacturer times are often off by a little, at least). About 70% of what I use the computer for is covered by the Nokia 770 - e-mail, web, RSS - the other 30% is coding, IRC, and IM (and for coding, I tend to sit down for a while - not just code in sporadic bursts every few minutes :P).

And considering it runs Linux (if memory serves, it has a GTK+-based interface?), it probably won't be too long before someone ports an IRC client (X-Chat, perhaps - or even just a nice console client like irssi), and an IM client (GAIM, maybe).