View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #92
davidwfleming
Ebook Dude
davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My posts on here are somewhat random, so I apologize for constantly stearing in different directions. I've been noticing some tactics that seem to work on Goodreads.

1. working the SEO aspects of "tagging" for pictures and blog posts
2. posting on the walls of newly added friends a brief message of appreciation.
3. sending "marketing messages" to other indie authors. (I just received one of these). The person began by talking all about me and my writing and that she'd became a fan of mine and ended with links to her book and a request that I add her as a fan. I didn't find it intrusive and perhaps this is what is meant by "author networking".

In regard to Twitter, I'm beginning to see that fellow author tweeps are the foundation of most indie author twitter platforms.

It also helps on Twitter to use JustUnfollow (google it) to remove people from your profile who haven't followed back. A Twitter stream with too many non-reciprical tweeps becomes too cluttered and I think potential collaborators understand this and scrutinze follow to follower ratios accordingly.

Last edited by davidwfleming; 04-07-2012 at 12:37 PM.
davidwfleming is offline   Reply With Quote