View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Ursula LeGuin pressured to write more like Harry Potter

Quote:
In a recent interview, Le Guin was asked if publishers ever pressure her to produce more conventional stories. And she replied:

Quote:
"Within the last few years only, on my three fantasy novels Gifts, Voices and Powers. I had, as always, good editors to work with at Harcourt, where they were published, but there was an increasing pressure to make them more like Harry Potter—there's just no getting around it. And since I write a very, very different type of fantasy and different type of literature from the Harry Potter series, there was no way I could go along with that. I just had to resist it. But, you see, that's very late, and it's happened as publishing was beginning to lose its sense of direction and its purpose, and get very confused by corporate pressures on all sides."
full article here.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote