View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluor View Post
Hi.

I'm new to making ebooks, new on this forum too (Hi!), i created an EPUB book which i try to convert to MOBI using Amazon's KindleGen utility (v2.9, build 0730-890adc2).

This works, but it complains about unresolved hyperlinks.

What riddles me is that every run of KindleGen on the same EPUB source, the unresolved hyperlinks change:

Run1:
Code:
Hyperlink not resolved:  /tmp/mobi-YizbTB/content/img/3546_011.17514742_std.jpg
Hyperlink not resolved:  /tmp/mobi-YizbTB/content/img/3546_010.17514817_std.jpg
Hyperlink not resolved:  /tmp/mobi-YizbTB/content/img/family_016.169162305_std.jpg
Run2:
Code:
Hyperlink not resolved:  /tmp/mobi-ZSOi0X/content/img/3546_026.17503410_std.jpg
Hyperlink not resolved:  /tmp/mobi-ZSOi0X/content/img/family_042.169165325_std.jpg
Hyperlink not resolved:  /tmp/mobi-ZSOi0X/content/img/family_025.169152215_std.jpg
..etc

Does anybody know what this is / why this is happening?

See my GitHUB repo for the EPUB source.
It's an open book.

Any hints and tips on my work so far are welcome, ofcourse!!
Validate your ePub with EpubCheck or FlightCrew. I did it and I found a lot of errors in your ePub; for example, the messages you received for those images, are due to the images are not used anywhere in the ePub; they are present in the <manifiest> section in the .opf file but are not used (maybe you should delete them); there are many others errors too. Fix them and then you'll be able to compile your ePub as .mobi with Kindlegen without complains.

Regards
Rubén

Last edited by RbnJrg; 09-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote